Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rock Climbing - 3 x climbs

 
Went rock climbing with Tom again. (He loves teaching.) He brought Laura along as an assistant coach.

What I appreciate about these guys is a fanaticsm for safety. Like, they check everything every time and follow the climbing protocols all the time. Pros!

So, I can tell you that at the top of every climb I was bathed in sweat – definitely counts as exercise!

This time I learned something about how to lead climb (first one up the rock), clipping into anchors in the rock as you go. Tom hooked up a "top rope" so us novices could always have a rope securing us all the way in case we fell. No falls this time. Then we learned about how you take down the top tope when you are done.

The mountains are incredibly beautiful! If my camera battery hadn't died I would have had more pics to share here. Next time.

I seem to be getting a better sense of things, seeing the rock better, where my foot will slip and where it will stick. I might have been bitten, I think.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: